Commitment to Standards in Fundraising Practice and Donor Charter
Smashing Times Theatre and Film Company is committed to complying with the Statement for Guiding Principles for Fundraising and has formally discussed and adopted the Statement at a meeting of the governing body. Smashing Times Theatre and Film Company confirms its commitment to the principles set out in the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising by agreeing to have a statement to that effect in its annual report. Smashing Times Theatre and Film Company has a Donor Charter which is consistent with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. The company regularly monitors compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising including compliance reports to the governing body.
Smashing Times Theatre and Film Company considers the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising when planning all fundraising activity. Smashing Times Theatre and Film Company provides honest, open and transparent disclosure when fundraising from the public and has appointed a senior member of staff to be responsible for compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
Smashing Times Theatre and Film Company ensures that fundraising staff are provided with information and training on the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising and its implementation and has a feedback and complaints procedure consistent with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. Feedback is recorded for review by relevant staff including the CEO and governing body. Feedback is responded to promptly and appropriately.
Smashing Times Theatre and Film Company prepares financial reports consistent with the requirements of the Charities Act 2009 which include a statement concerning the extent to which control of the organisation is independent of its funding sources. The company ensures that all donations are tracked and recorded and complies with data protection requirements.
We in Smashing Times Theatre and Film Company have considered the Statement and believe we meet the standards it sets out. Smashing Times Theatre and Film Company’s report on our fundraising activities is available in our most recent Annual Report which is available by contacting the company manager. We welcome feedback on our performance via the following contact (opening hours 10am-5pm Monday to Friday):
Smashing Times Theatre and Film Company
Tel: + 353 (0) 1 865 6613
Special thanks to and for more information please see www.ictr.ie
Smashing Times Theatre and Film Company Donor Charter
When seeking donations from the public Smashing Times Theatre and Film Company aims to comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness. We commit to being accountable and transparent so donors can have full confidence in Smashing Times Theatre and Film Company. We promise we will effectively apply your gifts to us for their intended purposes. We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors will:
- Be informed of the organisation’s mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the STTC board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities
- Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and confidentiality to the extent provided by law
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired third party agents
- Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for names to be deleted from mailing lists and be informed if STTC intends to share the mailing lists with third parties
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions on the company
Adapted from The Donor Bill of Rights, as developed by: the American Association of Fundraising Counsel, Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) www.aafrc.org