Digital Girls: Role models to get girls employed
In partnership with Dona Daria and four other partner organisations from Italy, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic and Greece, Smashing Times are taking part in a new project entitled Digital Girls. This project aims at inspiring and motivating girls and young women to consider careers in the digital technology market. The six partners gather their efforts together to contribute to cultivating and enhancing girls’ digital confidence, employability, entrepreneurial mindset and startup potential.
Kick-off meeting in Sofia, Bulgaria
In January 2017, all partners attended a kick-off meeting to discuss and agree on the detailed plan for project implementation and the schedule for fulfilling the ambitious project targets and to set up short-term tasks.
The project intends to:
– identify, encourage, develop and showcase women in digital jobs
– map the process for developing of digital skills suitable for the labour market
– foster an atmosphere conducive to digital confidence
– change the attitudes towards digital learning through effective methods for high-quality youth work
The first project stage foresees the following tasks:
– Setting up a network of local and regional stakeholders such as youth associations and organisations, youth informal groups, educational institutions, VET providers, job orientation agencies, cultural and emancipation centres
– Perform a research activity to determine different job profiles
– Develop selection criteria for the role models and guidelines for using digital storytelling for learning purposes
– Selection of role models
– Carry out interviews with the selected women/girls and start filming the series “The world of successful Digital Girls”
What’s next on …
The second work meeting will take place on 8-9 May 2017 in Dublin, Ireland where the partners will discuss and present the Role models descriptions and case studies. A consultative workshop with partners and local stakeholders will be held during this meeting to discuss the content and structure of the career roadmaps.
The project will be run from December 1st 2016 till 30th November 2018.
DONA DARIA (NL)
PRESSURE LINE (NL)
SMASHING TIMES THEATER COMPANY (IR)
KU TU (BG)
For more information about the project please contact the partner in your country, you will find the contact data via the project website.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.